[TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Sep 28 02:02:51 EDT 2023

On 9/27/2023 9:52 PM, Jim Pruitt wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can tell me what the wire is called that were used in
> several military surplus wire antennas. It was like flexweave but was a
> bronze copper wire (I thought) and about #22awg or so.

Don't know about that, but for almost 20 years, I've been buying the 500
ft spools of #8 bare copper from the big box stores, and stretching it
to approximate #9 hard drawn copper.

I tried several configurations of Flex Weave about 20 years ago, and
built several antennas with it. All were on the ground within a year.
Another OT ham bought some and had the same results.

73, Jim K9YC