[TowerTalk] TowerTalk difference?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Apr 15 12:08:12 EDT 2024

On 4/15/2024 11:24 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
 > Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with screen captures,

They can just as easily be posted to a photo/file sharing site with
a link in the text message.

This is particularly true with those who insist on posting their
entire (4K!) desktop rather than just the appropriate window or,
better yet, a "snip" showing the necessary information.

An html e-mail is often three to four times larger than the simple
text equivalent and when adding mime encoded graphic files the
data generated by sending the html/graphic e-mail to 1000 or more
list users (multiple times! since most do not trim threads) is not
justified - particularly when only one or two list members may be
willing/qualified to provide the necessary assistance.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV