[TowerTalk] Change Far Field Distance In EZNEC

Jeffrey Okamitsu w3kl.amateur.radio.station at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:37:37 EDT 2024

Does anyone know how to change the distance from the source (R) at which far-field calculations are done in EZNEC?  Yes, I know I can scale the results by scaling with e^(-jkR)/R, but it’s tedious to calculate each time I want to change R.

I have gone through the manual a few times now, and the only values are either one mile or one km. The NEC RP card lets you make the change, so I know that Roy must be setting the parameter (or maybe not).

Apparently, Roy isn’t answering questions on his website anymore.

Finally, I know I can export the 1 km numbers to Excel or MATLAB and do the calculations, but it’s much easier to do them in EZNEC. I guess I can just run NEC5 with cards, too, but again, it’s easy with EZNEC.

Thanks for reading,

73, Jeff
W3KL