[TowerTalk] Emotator Rotator

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Feb 9 18:36:43 EST 2024

Roger,

I put a copy of the 1105MS manual here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jzjniuq425499w8bgk790/Emoto1105MSAX_Manual.pdf?rlkey=fkj5exoj2h8pv0yszcjj08e9l&dl=0

The simplified schematics on page 9 appear to incorrectly show that the
motor windings for MSX and MXX controllers are connected across the
mains input instead of the transformer secondary. This makes no sense
since the motor is supposed to run on 24VAC.

Here a marketing brochure with a table listing the specs (including
operating voltages) of the various Emoto rotators:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dzmum1qemifbj8dpi5jx0/Emoto-Rotator-General-Info.pdf?rlkey=l7i5j8kgdvcx11o103wsy26va&dl=0

Joe W4TV is correct that several units use a 100 VAC motor voltage. The
1105 series rotator uses a 24VAC motor. Per the parts list in the 1105
manual (page 11), the startup capacitor is 100uf.

Hope this helps.

73, Mike W4EF.................