[TowerTalk] What *is* the optimum open wire line impedance

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jan 1 16:07:18 EST 2024

On 1/1/2024 12:32 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
> What would the best impedance be for open wire line, assuming you have
> some sort of tuner at the feeding end, so you don’t care from a drive
> standpoint.

While all of this is well and good and works fine for transmitting, this
sort of antenna can't be effectively choked to kill RX noise. In today's
world, that mean's we're probably deaf, unless we live ten miles from
any neighbors and have worked to get rid of all of the dozens of noise
sources in our own home.

What was a good idea 30 years ago, is not necessarily a good idea today.

73, Jim K9YC