[TowerTalk] Detuning a tower .... was Open-wire transmission line

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Jan 2 15:46:36 EST 2024

On 1/2/2024 12:49 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

> I've often wondered why running a wire down the center of a tower
> wouldn't create the same coaxial section as surrounding the tower
> with multiple wires.
Never tried it or heard of anyone who has used the "internal wire"
method for detuning a tower.  Since the goal is to reresonate the
tower to another frequency - either the entire structure or by
electrically breaking up the structure into non-resonant pieces -
at which it carries minimum current on the "interfering" frequency,
I don't know why the internal wire approach would not work at least
for the "full structure" case.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV