[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Rotors and water intrusion

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Jan 16 11:44:04 EST 2024

>"I fabricated a custom rotator plate from 1/2" aluminum plate and pressed in a new seal that fits the OD of the PP output shaft."

George, if that's in addition to the main seal, then you've found a viable means to protect it from decomposition.  I should emphasize that the root cause of my water ingress problem has been due to seal decomposition.  Based on my inspection of the failed rotators, I don't believe K7NV used anything special for the seal.  Possibly better silicone based seals would have helped to increase longevity.

Paul, W9AC