[TowerTalk] Hilton Tower Height

Steve Harrison k0xp at k0xp.com
Fri Jan 19 01:21:42 EST 2024

There was a similarly-tall tower on top of a building in Kansas City,
MO; I believe my grandparents had something to do with management of the
lower floors of the building back in the late '50s. Later, in the early
'60s, they moved out to Belton, MO, some 20 - 22 miles from the KC
tower. You could see the tower on the building easily day or night from
their front porch. I believe it may have been affiliated with the radio
or TV station(s) KCMO up until at least the '80s? I don't know whether
the tower's still there, I forgot to look for it the last time I drove
through Belton several years ago.

Steve, K0XP