[TowerTalk] Copper wire thieves destroy 500 ft tower

Danny K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Sat Jan 20 20:56:15 EST 2024

I recall when I was in my 20s (young and stupid) I worked for LeBlanc & Royle in Canada. We had an overnight job near Kingston Ontario to clean every connector of a 3" copper feedline going up a tower. We would remove the flange bolts, winch up the section above enough to get the "bullet" out of the center conductor, clean it, and reassemble. Then up to the next segment. It took all night, but we had a great view from the top at sunup.

3" copper is real hardline, not this flexible stuff called Heliax.

73
Danny, K5CG
HH 550-000-0609
SKCC 14257