[TowerTalk] New N6LF Ground Probe Designs

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 3 15:00:26 EST 2024

On 3/3/2024 11:53 AM, Brian Beezley wrote:
> It's intended to predict propagation for AM broadcast signals over broad
> areas

Yes. My memory is that it was derived by running radials from existing
stations and noting the rate of decay of their field strength. As a
young EE student in the early '60s, I worked in the office of Pete
Johnson, who along with Carl Smith, wrote the AM technical Rules after
WWII, and used those maps to plot contours for his designs.

73, Jim K9YC