[TowerTalk] Cost effective Replacement for Yaesu G-800SA Control Box

Dick NY1E dick at ny1e.com
Sat Mar 9 15:25:44 EST 2024

Dave, I just wanted preset direction control and considered a Green Heron but opted to put an "easy rotor control" board in my old rotor and control it from the computer. I love it and didn't have to climb the tower! I don't even need the old controller in sight.de Dick NY1E

I have a Yaesu G-800 rotator on a roof tower and the motor is fine, but I
hate the controller.  I know that the RT-21 by Green Heron is an excellent
product, but @$600 is pricey, and I've never seen a used RT21 go up for
sale.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?  I am comfortable building, and am
knowledgeable in electronics. I am also OK with building an interface and
using computer software to control the motor.

I have a G-450A and am perfectly fine with the controller- the paddle
switches are easy to control with my left hand while I am sending CW or
tuning with my right.

Thanks,

73,

Dave WB2PJH