[TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sat Mar 9 19:51:27 EST 2024

Gary,

Thanks, I was debating whether to start from scratch again with a post;
whew.

I'll just add that a two layer system can work, IF the stretchy
weatherproofing layer is not the type that gums up the works (the
connector) such as butyl rubber or coax seal. Use a silicone tape 1st
layer with almost any type of good UV protection on top.

  If you insist on using the gummy sticky stuff, use it in a three layer
system with a 1st layer of courtesy wrap made of almost anything. The
gummy sticky stuff should extend well past the end of the courtesy wrap
so that that it bonds to the coax. Commercial weatherproofing is almost
always three layer.

-Steve K8LX