[TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 23:36:32 EST 2024

And there is usually lots of it at hamfests (especially Dayton) for
pretty cheep!

It works great as you describe John.
BUT, make sure your first wrap (we call it the courtesy wrap) is not
very long. Just enough to cover the connector, and your butyl wrap is
much longer, and your final tap is longer yet.

73, Jim W7RY

On 3/9/2024 9:59 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I'm pretty certain that the pros use butyl mastic in-between layers of vinyl
> electric tape.  It works well and comes apart reasonably easy.  DX
> Engineering sells it, it also comes with Andrew grounding kits, etc.
> https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/tes-2212
>
> John KK9A
>

> Michael Murphy KI8R wrote:
>
> I always use this:  https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/tes-2155
>
> Coax Seal is awful and will eventually dry out and almost impossible to
> remove.
>
> Mike - KI8R

Thanks and 73, Jim W7RY