[TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sun Mar 10 12:15:01 EDT 2024

You may have a different definition of "pro" that others do. Is it just
the broadcast industry that utilizes "pros"? That's another subject for
discussion.

It's true that modern connectors are theoretically weatherproof, and I
do not weatherproof the many 7/16 DIN connectors on my own ham station,
whether they are on Heliax or 3/8" RG8 stuff.

But in my (dare I say it?) professional work, our customers (AT&T,
Verizon, T-Mobile, etc) require it. Until recently it was always
tape-butyl-tape. Nowadays it's custom rubber boots...but still, it's
external weatherproofing.

-Steve K8LX