[TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 10 15:56:33 EDT 2024

Steve's points emphasize that "one size does not fit all." My connectors
exposed to weather are on everything from vertical runs of RG8/RG11 to
high dipoles, to rotating Yagis, to CATV coax from RX antennas. 300 ft
runs of 7/8-in line to Yagis on towers transition to rotator loops and
station entry panel. Some of these cable transitions do not allow for a
drip loop. Some are laying on the ground.

UHF connectors are standard in my station for everything but hardline,
where I use type-N. Thanks to my QTH on the wrong side of the ridge for
VHF/UHF, the only thing I do above 6M is FM for Emcomm. Those who think
UHF connectors are inadequate up to 100 MHz slept through their
Transmission Lines classes.

73, Jim K9YC