[TowerTalk] Electrical Tape & Fuel to the Fire

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 10 18:51:23 EDT 2024

What has not been discussed here is how well cheap electrical tape works at repeater sites where LMR-400 is being used in this type of service.  I mean when taping up LMR-400 at a repeater site one has to remember to make sure the framus is entirely water proofed and simple coax seal and tape may not do the trick. If a liberal coating of Gronesteel is applied to the framus BEFORE the first layer of tape (cheap or otherwise) is applied I think we can all agree that the LMR-400 will work satisfactorily in repeater service as long as the connections were made on day with little or no humidity. I think I speak for all in this regard.   '74 all.    - Mike, K4CVL