Rough edges in 5.94?

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 16:02:00 -0800 (PST)

> I heard you once in the SprINT, but we never worked.  Surprising, but
> propagation to the Northwest didn't seem that great.

I was on about half time (if that) but conditions were not very
good for me.

> The software still doesn't like QTHs of DX stations.  G4BUO sent me
> "G" in the SprINT, and the program logged it as blank.  Ditto when
> ZS6CAX sent me "ZA."  In between, NP3A sent "PR," which the program
> logged as "Ma"!  This makes a bug seem likely.  Perhaps it will help
> if I report that I had received "Ma" from K5ZD on the previous QSO.
> BTW, the program did put KP4 in the mult column for NP3A.  Odd.  I
>
> I heard you once in the SprINT, but we never worked.  Surprising, but
> propagation to the Northwest didn't seem that great.

I was on about half time (if that) but conditions were not very
good for me.

> The software still doesn't like QTHs of DX stations.  G4BUO sent me
> "G" in the SprINT, and the program logged it as blank.  Ditto when
> ZS6CAX sent me "ZA."  In between, NP3A sent "PR," which the program
> logged as "Ma"!  This makes a bug seem likely.  Perhaps it will help
> if I report that I had received "Ma" from K5ZD on the previous QSO.
> BTW, the program did put KP4 in the mult column for NP3A.  Odd.  I
> wonder whether the program could just put the QTH into the QTH column
> as I entered it into the Exchange Window, and then put the version
> as I entered it into the Exchange Window, and then put the version
> that it prefers (if any) into the Mults column.

> as I entered it into the Exchange Window, and then put the version
> that it prefers (if any) into the Mults column.

Just don't enter them and everything will work itself out.

> In the little time I had to practice before this SprINT, I used the
 simulator for the regular Sprint.  I found it annoying that many of
> the stations that I worked had no name; that is, they sent only a
> number and their QTH.  I'm not sure what can be done about this.  I
> don't know that I can edit in a name for each station that doesn't
> have one currently.  Could the simulator use only stations that have
> names for the Sprint?

Another one of those rough edges from converting to TRMASTER...  I
will have to have the program look to see if there is a name before
using the call.

> One QTH oddity with the Sprint simulator.  VO1MP sent me "NB" as his
> QTH, but the program wouldn't accept it and log the QSO.  When I
> changed "NB" to "MAR," it logged it as "Ma"!  Another bug?

Perhaps the fix is to put NB into the .DOM file which is used for
the sprint.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com