5.93 and 5.95 crashes with Stew Perry

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 22:07:49 -0800 (PST)

Wow!  I found the problem - it is in the beam heading calculations.

If you enter a call that gives the same grid as you own for the
beam heading location - it crashes.  I had selected FN22 for
W2 callsigns - so when you enter a W2 - it calculates the beam
heading from your grid (as set by MY GRID) to FN22.  However,
as you know, the code doesn't handle this condition too
well!

George had the right solution - enter a six digit grid (not ll)
and the problem will go away.

The other grids that need to watch for this are as follows:

W1 - FN48  W2 - FN22  W3 - FN10  W4 - EM73  W5 - EM01
W6 - DM06  W7 - DN21  W8 - EN81  W9 - EN52  W0 - EN12

This only happens if you enter one of the above grids as MY GRID.
It can also happen if you are a DX station and have the same grid
as the one defined by the lat/lon in the CTY.DAT file.

Version 5.96 will have this fixed - in the mean time, enter your
grid with mm or kk as the suffix (not ll).

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com