Port Assignments

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 08:15:24 -0800 (PST)

> I'm getting a second Omni VI and my computer has two serial and one parallel
> ports. What would be the recommended way to hook up CW interfaces and
> computer interfaces for both radios?  Presently, I have paddle and CW
> interface on Parallel One, and radio interface with Serial 1. Can I do CW and
> Radio control from the same parallel port?  Thanks for the help.

I think you meant to ask if you could do CW and radio control from the
same SERIAL port.  The answer is YES!  That is the advantage of not using
any of the modem control bits (RTS/CTS) which has caused so many other
problems!

I guess I would suggest using one serial port per radio for everything,
and the parallel port for your paddle.

Tree