Single Band in WW CW

Scott Neader neader@centuryinter.net
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 00:09:31 -0600

>I'm planning on doing a single band entry WW CW, but
>I would like to work some juicy DX on other bands
>and submit the Qs as check Qs.  Is there an easy way
>to do this type of thing with TR log and have all
>of the Qs in the same log?
>
>73, Jim Stevens, K4MA (ex KI4HN)

I did 15 single band in 94 ARRL SSB from Guatemala (TG0AA) and used TR.
What I did was to create two directories, one for the 'checklog' for all
other bands, and one for the real contest (15 meters).  Then I made
appropriate config files for both directories.  Finally, I made two batch
files (15.bat and check.bat) that took me into one log or the other.

So, to switch to the other log, I simply hit alt-x to exit, then typed 15
or check to get to the other log.  Even with a 486 and a bunch of qsos, the
delay was minimal while TR read in the log. (I did set a new world record
on 15 using just a Butternut Butterfly beam at 20 feet, so something
worked!)

There might be a cleaner way to do this in TR, but I wanted two completely
different logs.  One to submit to the League as my contest entry, and one
to submit as a check log, to avoid any confusion.

Hope this helps.

- Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@QTH.com
Internet Solutions web: http://QTH.com/is   Ham web: http://QTH.com