LPT port failure?

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 13:03:01 -0600 (CST)

>Prior to Sunday morning, I was happily using my LPT port to send cw along with
>paddle interface.  Recently, in anticipation to using a SB-220 in the 'test, I
>added the amp switching interface, as well.  I used a switching transistor with
>a Vce of 300v.

Why not use TR's ptt to key just the radio - and let the
radio key the amp?

>Then, I realized that I had no way of manually switching the amp to xmit for
>tuning purposes.  Couldn't find a command via on-line help that does this
>(something like "\tune" or such...), so went off and devised an in-line
toggle
>switch to perform this function.

The TR software does have a tune  -  it is Control-Shift on the left
side of the keyboard.

>Well, something went.  Not sure what.  I believe it is my LPT card, and am
>soliciting ideas to help in my debug effort.
>
>When TR is running, the paddle cw sidetone continuously "di-dahs" at the current
>cw speed.  Changing cw speed changes speed of sidetone.  This occurs all the
>time if the PADDLE PORT is declared in logcfg.dat.  It does not matter if the
>DB25 is present on LPT or not.  And, TR "keys" the rig continuously.

This is a symptom of not having the pull up voltage
on your LPT port.  If the paddles worked before - the it
sounds as if you did blow up something in your lpt card.
Maybe the amp keying voltage did it or the
amp keying voltage went neg or pos and zapped the card
that way.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "Where is the line noise?" -Trey N5KO