Sprint with v 5.80

Tony and Celia Becker becker@shell.portal.com
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 17:01:58 -0600

Hi Tree!

Here is my report on v5.80.

The RF-related crashing (my note of 9/9/96) seems to have gone away.  Curious minds want to know; what did you change?

I found a few minor problems with the TRMASTER database operation.

When prior exchange information from the database is placed into the exchange field, you (sensibly) put the information in the correct order, NAME then QTH.  

However, the cursor is left at the end of the line:

    Mark Mo_

If I forget to hit the "HOME" key and just type the rest of the exchange;

    Mark Mo 22_

and then hit "ENTER", the parsing in the log is wrong!

K4VX    18  Mo  Ma

Rather than try for more sophisticated AI in the parsing algorithm, I suggest you leave the cursor at the beginning of the line.  

A second minor problem occurred when I changed bands to 40m, and calls I knew were in the database produced no prior exchange information in the exchange field.

The parsing of the weird portable calls seems to have improved, but I still got one error.
CALL        #  NAME QTH
K9VV/C6A    46  RUM Oh  C6
But not for CQWW ---| :)

Lastly, as you have noted the POST menu titles for editing the TRMASTER database should be made more intuitive.  I suggest that the verb EXPORT should be changed to IMPORT, since we are importing the data from A (indefinite article) log to THE (definite article) database.

Keep up the good work, (but not too much).

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.