[TRLog] Voice Keyer problem

Ronald D Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:38:11 -0400

>>>george fremin iii said:
> Mike Fatchett writes:
> >Also when entering in the exchange the program will not let me enter state t
    hen name.  It must be name then state.  This is for the NA QSO party.

> This is the way that is has to work.
> The reason is:
>
> Typical names:
>
> Tex
> Mo
> Al
> Cal
>
> As you can see the porgram would not be able to tell if
> you had entered a name or a state.  If the exchange were something
> like QSO number and state then it would be clear and then
> you would be allowed to enter it in any order.

Just a thought...what about paying attention to order first, but if you run
into a string starting with a ' that it get considered a name? For example:

ron vt 'dipshit  ====> gets dipshit vt entered in the log
vt 'ron          ====> gets ron vt entered in the log
vt ron           ====> is still invalid
'ron vt          ====> gets ron vt entered in the log

--
73 de KK1L ex N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics