[TRLog] tr appreciation

Bill OKain k4lta@user.icx.net
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:50:51 -0400 (EST)

With the help of tr, this was the first year I have been able to enjoy the
wae test, and send qtcs.  If you operate this contest, you know how the
Europeans worry you to death pleading for qtcs. TR really makes this
simple, even for me, but I must tell this joke on myself.  I had sent uu5j
9 qtcs and he kept bugging me from time to time to send him just one more
qtc.  My problem was that I didn't know to send just one qtc when I had
more than one to send.  He would always catch me with none, or more than
one to send.  Once when I had only one qtc to send, I went looking for him
but couldn't find him.  About half way through the contest, I discovered
that tr, being a lot smarter than I am, keeps a record of how many qtcs I
have sent to whom, and will not allow me to send more than 10 to the same
station.  I really felt like the big dummy, and oh yes, I finally got with
uu5j and sent him another qtc. hi  I didn't make a big effort but worked
700 stations and 694 qtcs.  I still have to learn how to send those in the
temp file.  Also amazing was the ease of attaching the tr files to an e
mail and save myself a bunch of postate. Thanks Tree, George, and others
and 73.
Bill k4lta