[TRLog] Upcoming release

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 06:05:28 -0700 (PDT)

The big new release will be made sometime tonight or tomorrow.  The
wish list shows pretty much what is going to be included.  The only
thing left to do are some POST related items.

I feel like a great number of little issues have been resolved.  I
didn't take on many of the big ones yet.  There are three big ones
which I will be working on in the coming months: multi-multi
improvements, split operation improvements and then IOTA (probably
in that order).

However, I will need to update the manual before starting on them.

The input to the wish list has slowed down (thank goodness).  Perhaps
I can knock off a few issues each month and then have it pretty much
resolved early next year.

Some bugs that weren't on the list that I found include some minor
visible dupesheet problems, and a radio relay control bug.  If you
are using the radio control relay with two radio mode, a message being
sent on one radio wouldn't always clear out if you started sending
something on the other.  The message would finish on the new radio
and then your new message would start (NOTE - just to be clear, it
was still impossible for both rigs to transmit at the same time).

These are two features that could be important in the upcoming CW
sprint.  However, the dupesheet bug never seemed to bother me before
in the sprints (the last call might be out of order) and the
relay issue doesn't apply if you are using two radios with different
KEYER OUTPUT PORTS.

Anyone have a unused CGA monitor they would like to get rid of cheap?
The BBS's monitor is on its last leg.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com