Keying Problems

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 19:27:59 -0600 (CST)

Kevin E. Schmidt writes:

>One possiblility might be that you are using a parallel port and have
>ptt enabled in TR. In that case, the strobe line which is connected to
>the keyer transistor emitter will be pulled low during the whole
>transmission making the keyer transistor more susceptible to rf. If you
>set ptt enable = false with the control-j menu, the strobe line gets
>keyed along with the cw line that is connected to the transistor base.
>If CT keys both lines by default that would explain the difference.
>
>On the other hand, I may be completely wrong.
>
>73 Kevin w9cf
>=-------------------------------------------------------------
>Kevin Schmidt w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu

Kevin is correct.

I would suggest putting some filtering on the keying lines if you
have problems with RF - a few turns around a torriod should fix you
up - or figure out how to get the rf out of your shack.

The other soultion is to do as Kevin suggests and turn the
PTT signal in TR off - this will make the keying interface
act just like the other logging programs.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.    "My theory is that if you can work everything