TR/Sprint Question

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:54:02 -0800

At 10:56 PM 2/10/97 -0500, KB8N wrote:
>In a message dated 97-02-10 19:00:22 EST, ae2t@bigfoot.com (Al Gritzmacher)
>writes:
>
><< I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wishing for this during the sprint.
> Add my "vote" to putting this on the wish list.
>  >>
>Guys,
>
>Forgive me, I've missed the last two Sprints while rediscovering my musical
>career, but just what is the big deal about transitioning from the CQ to S&P
>modes anyway.  When you leave the CQ frequency, it is an easy matter to
>transition to S&P by simply hitting the space bar.  I mostly S&P during the
>Sprints, but I often have the program ion the CQ mode.  The choice is then
>two simple choices for me, hit Enter if I find a clear frequency and put out
>a CQ, or hit the space bar to switch to S&P.
>
>Maybe I don't get it, huh?
>
>Paul, KB8N

Hi Paul -- Or maybe we don't ... I have never learned those two commands,
and clearly should have.  I'm a CT refugee and have always hit Tab to switch
modes and F1 for a CQ.

That being said, for me the ideal sprint pattern is S&P-CQ-S&P-CQ etc.
Being able to set a parameter so that the program follows that same pattern
will save a keystroke every second QSO (which is trivial) and the risk of
calling someone in the wrong mode (which is not).  Others who prefer to have
the software always end up in the CQ mode can set the Ctl-J parameter the
other way.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com
West (bigawd) Virginia