Packet

D. R. Evans N7DR@sff.net
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:06:02 -0700

> On 18 Feb 97 at 10:49, LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc <larrytx@co.intel.com> wrote:

> Okay - how about this...
>
> If you set PACKET AUTO LOGOUT to TRUE and you exit the program
> with PACKET PORT = to something, it will send <CARRIAGE RETURN>
> BYE <CARRIAGE RETURN> to the packet port?
>
> My "this is going too far" alarm is about to go off however.

Actually, Tree, I don't think this is a good idea. Reason: If I'm in the
middle of the contest and TR does something strange that indicates it has
its undergarments in a twist, right now it's a matter of only a few
moments to exit and come back in, and the packet is still alive. I think
my idea of simply prompting the user to ask if he has exited is better
for this reason. Also, it's less likely to trip your alarm.

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                       N7DR@sff.net
Co-chair, 1997 Nebula Novel Jury

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp