INITIAL EXCHANGE

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 18:56:29 -0600 (CST)

Kirk Pickering writes:
>WHen set up for the NAQP, as always, TR shows me a name if it's
>in the database.  How do I get it to show me a QTH if the Q field
>in TRMASTER has an entry?

In the CONTROL-J menu go to initial exchange - hit the enter key
and you will see it cycle through all of the possible initial
exchanges that you can display from the TRMASTER.DTA database.

 I've read through the initial exchange
>part of the manual, and if I read that correctly, it says I have to
>create yet another names file (called INITIAL.EX by default) for the
>contest.  Is this correct?

You can still use and initial exchange file - in fact you
can use both if you so desire - TR will look in the initial excahnge
file first then in TRMASTER.DTA.

Good luck in the contest

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.    "My theory is that if you can work everything