TRMASTER Vanity Update

Chad Kurszewski WE9V kurscj@oampc12.csg.mot.com
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:07:48 -0600

Tree-

I did the majority of the "vanity callsign update" by hand, before you
added this option.

I'd like to rebuild my TRMASTER (with v5.95 as recently suggested) and
then update the vanity calls.

I have two questions:

1) What happens if I load in all of my logs first, including recent logs
(which have vanity calls in them), and then do a vanity update??  If my
TRMASTER contains both KR0Y and N5TJ, the vanity update will do something
to the KR0Y entry, but what will it do to the N5TJ entry??

2) Can you add another update flag for "callsigns" or something??  What
I'd like to do is:  When doing a vanity update, if the old call isn't
found in TRMASTER, DO NOT add the new vanity call.  (If I haven't worked
him/her using the old callsign, I don't want the new callsign cluttering
up my TRMASTER.DTA.)

As a sidebar, the KS9K M/2 NAQP effort had several LOG FILE SIZE errors
with the CHECK LOG FILE SIZE = TRUE.  It got to be quite bothersome so
I turned it off.  What is this purpose of this again, and what did it
mean when telling me there was an error??

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V         e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos