ARRL VHF SS

De Syam syam@Glue.umd.edu
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:25:35 -0500 (EST)

Boy I just used my new version 5.93 for the first time in a VHF contest.
What a great improvement!  The Grid Map is so big that in the June
contest (sorry, no e-skip and too much line noise to hear scatter in this
one) I believe that if I center it somewhere in KY or TN I should be able
to map all of my grid mults on 6!

Just a couple minor quibbles.  Even though VHF SS is selectable from the
menu, when it is so selected the contest title that comes up on the screen
is nevertheless "ARRL VHF QSO Party".  This can be changed, of course, by
adding a line to logcfg.dat which says "CONTEST NAME = ARRL VHF SS" but
the "Contest Name" item is not selectable from the <CTRL-J> menu so one
must exit the program and use a text editor to add the necessary line to
logcfg.dat

                                       Very 73,

                                        Fred Laun, K3ZO