[TRLog] Pa QSO Party Support

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 22:34:38 -0500 (CDT)

Chris Robson writes:
>Parties, why not not the Pa QSO Party?  We TR  users East of the
>Mississippi know that it's as big as California's party.  However scoring
>is a real challenge... 1 1/2 points for CW contacts on 40 Meters and above
>and 2 points for 80 & 160 Meter CW contacts.  Doing the config for counties
>is a no brainer, but 1/2 point scoring can't be done on TR or can it??? I
>don't know...any answer. Sure sold a number of hams on TR at Field
>Day...Sooooo easy!

It is pretty easy to setup for the PA qso party -- except for
the 1.5 point qsos.

My suggestion has always been to setup TR with 2 points and 3 points
and then divide the points by two when the contest is over.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."