[TRLog] 2 questions

Fred J. Helmstetter fjh@csd.uwm.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:44:35 +0000

Put in a couple of hours during IARU with 6.03 and
my brand new FT-1000MP. Rig control seems to work great
except for one thing - I could not get the shift keys
to work right in CQ mode. S&P works fine and I tried all
(almost) possible permutations of RIT settings on the
radio.  Any ideas? I'm probably missing something basic...

Also, I enabled the cluster TNC for the first time and was
shocked to see the random garbage I copied into the call
window being spotted ;-)  From what I can see in the manual
you should have to hit " ' " to send a spot but I'm pretty
sure I didn't do that.  Again, this one is probably operator
error as well...

Thanks for any feedback.

73,
Fred, N9FH