[TRLog] SBDVP Configuration

Joerg Puchstein, YB1AQS dl8wpx@indo.net.id
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 20:14:59 -0000

Hi Jerry,

I just got it running (TR 6.05+SBDVP08), but also not without problems.
It seems you must have the DSPPATH variable set in the DOS environment
and must not use it in the TR LOGCFG.DAT if you want to use earlier recorded
files.

Here it's working that way:

1. During boot I'm creating a 2MB Ramdisk (e.g. E:\).
2. I copy all .DVP-files, SBDVP.EXE and SBDVPCFG.DAT from storagepath on HD into the RAMDISK.
3. I start SBDVP from the RAMDISK, it will find and load all files (named without any drive/path)
    in the SBDVPCFG.DAT file.
4. I change into the TR-Log directory and start TR (DVP ENABLE = TRUE).

After this no drive/path info should be appended to the filenames for the .DVP files
checking this with Alt-P in TR.

It's even working just fine starting Windows95 with the RAMDISK and SBDVP initialization
done in the Autoexec.bat and calling TR from a DOS-Window afterwards.

vy73

Joerg, YB1AQS

dl8wpx@indo.net.id