[TRLog] Windows 95 woes

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:52:07 -0500 (CDT)

Thomas Johnson writes:
>If anyone wants to know how to boot your computer to a dos prompt automatically, let me know...
>(To get into windows you would just type WIN)
>This procedure just forgoes the loading of the GUI... it is not the same as "safemode dos prompt"

You can do this several ways - one easy way is to hit the
F8 key when you see the "Starting windows 95" message
when you turn on your computer.

The you can select booting to the command prompt only.
You can also do the step-by-step confrifmation start
up from there if you like. This allows you to not load
things like mouse or sound card drivers thus freeing up
more memory.

I think I saw someone mention the TWEAK GUI utility
and I use this - it will let you change the way
your system starts up without having to edit system files.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."