[TRLog] V5.99 Lockup

Jay Pryor jpryor@uga.cc.uga.edu
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 12:42:47 -0500 (EST)

Tree, et.al.,

This is how my LOGCFG.DAT file was set up:

MY CALL = K4OGG
CONTEST = ARRL DX

DISPLAY MODE = COLOR

RADIO ONE TYPE = FT890
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 4WARC BAND ENABLE = FALSE
MY GRID = EM73UW
SCP MINIMUM LETTERS = 3
BIG REMAINING LIST = TRUE

How the WARC BAND ENABLE = FALSE got up there flush against the SERIAL 4, I
don't know. Could that have been the problem?

To the best of my recollection, the first time it locked, I had had several
split QSOs on 40M that TR was showing as being on 160M, and I  had just
edited a QSO (changing the log to 40M), then saved the change when it
locked.  The second time it happened was after a 15M S&P QSO. I had entered
the call then entered the power, hit ENTER and it locked.

The first time it happened I thought it could have been caused by RF from a
new amp; but the second time, the amp was not online.

I'll try to duplicate the problem this weekend using the same weird CONFIG file.

73,

Jay/K4OGG

At 09:21 AM 3/3/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> Two times during the ARRL DX Phone Contest, TR locked up.  It basically
>> "froze" and did not follow any changes made to the rig (band/mode), nor
>> would it respond to keyboard commands.  I had to shut it down and reboot.
>> It would function normally for a while, then lock up.  This happened after I
>> accidentally kicked my surge protector and killed power to the PC. (And that
>> was only one of the things that went wrong this weekend.)  Could
>> accidentally killing the power have caused the subsequent lockups?  I was
>> using version 5.99 with a FT-900.  I lie to TR and tell it I'm using
>> a FT-890.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>That is what you get for telling a fib!
>
>It is unlikely that your accidental shutdown caused this problem, but
>I can;t totally rule it out since I don't know for sure (yet) what
>exactly caused your problem.
>
>Can you tell me more about the circumstances of the lockups?  Also,
>a peek at your LOGCFG.DAT file would be nice - so I can fully
>understand your configuration.

(stuff deleted)