[TRLog] TRLog & KPC3 Packet

w1hij@contesting.com w1hij@contesting.com
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:42:03

MANY THANKS TO ALL (literally from all over the world, actually I
almost made WAC) who responded to my question about packet
problems...

It's now fixed---the solution was two-fold---a hard reset for the
KPC-3 (apparently KaGold leaves some undesirable settings of
parameters as far as TRLog is concerned) and the use of the EIGHT
BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE command.

Anyway it's now fixed and the same solution took care of a similar
problem in WJ2O's program which I use for non-contest logging.

LOGCFG.DAT relevant parts:

PACKET PORT = Serial 2
PACKET BAUD RATE = 1200
EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE
PACKET SPOTS = ALL

(Lines follow immediately after similar lines for TS940 control.)

Now if I can only figure out how to disable the beeper in the 940!

TNX AGN, Bill, W1HIJ

Newport Beach, California, USA