[TRLog] Re: packet OK

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 16:23:18 -0800 (PST)

Just got this from VE6JY:

> Yep, that BROADCAST parameter was the culprit...behaves normally off the
> network, and just had it running with 4 computers and the spots are
> flowing around fine. Still seem to have a little trouble sending commands
> to the cluster (we use Clusse here - a freeware packet cluster clone) but
> will keep experimenting.
>
>  Sorry - I should have caught that parameter myself - it seems obvious
> (now) sending data to non existent links could cause such a lock up....
> Again, thanks for the quick response...

Thanks for getting back with the results so quickly Don!  This
problem was also report by N7EX.  I hope this posting will prevent
anyone else having the problem.  At this time, I do not have any
improvements to release before WPX - unless a show stopping bug is
found.

The next release will have a test for the broadcast and disable it if
there isn't a network port.

Tree