[TRLog] KAM Plus and TR

Thomas M. Schaefer toms@inconnect.com
Sat, 01 Nov 1997 02:05:51 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a friend's KAM Plus to work with TR. Basically, I have
read everything I could in the archives about the KAM Plus, but to no
avail. I managed to get the unit out of host mode so I could communicate
with it via HyperTerminal in Win95. I tried different baud rates (all
matching ABAUD). I tried Eight bit packet(sic) both true and false. When I
go to TR LOOPBACK I get garbled characters back. Of course, the port is the
same I am able to use with the terminal program.

Some other tidbits are that when I go to the TNC window, my characters are
echoed back, but only some are accurate.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Of course, I am not so interested for
later today, but I do want to get this finally working.  If anyone has any
ideas on making this work, I would appreciate it.

It would be easy to blame the TNC except that I can use it fine in
HyperTerminal. BTW, I have tried it both in a DOS Shell in Win95 and a
straight boot into DOS, same result.

Thanks and good luck today,

Tom NY4I