[TRLog] Radio interface is not working correctly

Gilbert Baron gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 13:51:15 GMT

>On Sat, 1 Nov 1997 22:03:07 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Gilbert,
>
>Me again.  I'm sure you're on the right track with pins 7-8 jumpered.  I've
>done this with my 440 and have no problems whatsoever.  I didn't have a
>problem leaving the pins unjumpered for radio control but was unable to use
>the same port for CW keying until I did that.
>
>I did use a TS940 last week during CQWW SSB at W7MMQ's place.  Mike's 940
>is interfaced with the Kenwood IF10B.  I'm pretty sure that RTS/CTS aren't
>jumpered on this unit.  As a result frequency change via the shift keys has
>a lot of hysterisis.  I also noticed that when putting in splits with the
><-> key that sometimes the second VFO wouldn't move to the correct
>frequency right away.  I should have taken the time to jumper RTS/CTS to
>see what happened.

I have a LOT of hysteresis and I am jumper ed. That should NOT happen
and really makes the frequency change basically useless!
I still get a time of 2 sec to 67 sec with most about 15 sec before
the change is noticed on my radio and everything is correct. It has to
be the program at this point. It just does not handle the 870
correctly. it has not hindered my operation in SS too much. It is more
a pain than trouble in use at this point. The frequency hysteresis is
MUCH more serious. That means I can't use a very NICE feature that
keeps me from reaching for the radio and getting a sore back.
I am willing to BET that the hysteresis and the slow response are
related.

--
Gil Baron W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/4168/
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html