[TRLog] TRLog Suggestions

Al Gritzmacher ae2t@bigfoot.com
Tue, 04 Nov 1997 10:24:01 -0500

At 08:12 AM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Dale Martin wrote:
>>
>> Tree (et al),
>>
>I have a couple of comments:
>>
>> 1.  When in the CQ mode, giving it up and moving up or down the band
>> to S&P, I would often forget to "TAB" to the S&P mode.  More than a
>> couple of times, I entered the call, hit return, only to hear his call going
>> out...I would quickly hit ESCAPE, TAB, enter the call, hit RETURN, and
>> hear my call go out, all hopefully before the station started calling CQ
again....

>> It seems to me that if TRLog can detect and display the frequency, it
>> might be able to detect a frequency change or movement and switch to
>> S&P automatically.  Except for a big-gun station moving to another CQ
>> frequency, would switching automatically to S&P on VFO movement
>> cause problems?
>>
>This feature exists in 6.1X programs, however I have an additional
>suggestion:
>
>How about a key to switch from CQ mode to S&P while RETAINING the
>contents of the call window?  This would eliminate to re-enter the call.
>(Or am i missing an existing feature?)

Hit Tab twice. The first time puts you in S&P mode with the cursor in the
exchange window.
The second time moves the cursor back to the Callsign window, and Enter will
send your call.

It's tempting to ask for a new key combination for this, but how many can
you remember and how long until Tree runs out of available combinations? KISS!