[TRLog] TR Log to become RAT Log

Thomas Johnson ThomasJ@shbank.com
Wed, 05 Nov 1997 14:50:09 -0600

Uh oh...
I hope D-Con or Black flag doesnt come after TR now...

RAT log

I probably shouldnt have brought this up...

: )

Tom
K9KJ

>>> <n4si@pobox.com> 11/5/97 2:27:34 PM >>>

> They have recently sold the rights to "TR" to Microsoft, and their
> lawyers called me up to explain my options (i.e., none).

Actually, there have been cases where a large, well established,
wealthy (much like MS) company (it was Sears) went after a local
outfit doing business in a totally unrelated field (dry-cleaning)
with a family name of Sears. The little guy was able to prevail
against the trademark infringement suit attempts of Sears-Roebuck.

I agree with the assessment someone else made; although they might
make a case out of TR (although it is essentially your name), TR Log
or TRLog doesn't fit the profile, and comes under one of those
nuisance type suits like McDonalds is always frivolously bringing for
people using "Mc" anything in their name.

Life is full of choices, and it's a decision only you can make, but
just remember; Kleenex (and several other names) used to be a
trademarked brand name, but do to common use, a court ruled years
ago that it had fallen into the common lexicon and was no longer
protected. I, for one, will do my part and forever refer to the
finest contest logger as TR or TR Log. I hope everyone else does the
same.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996

Feature Wishlist:   http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html
--
Any or all ideas expressed on this reflector become the property
of TR Log.