[TRLog] SARtek rotor control????

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 19:59:20 -0800 (PST)

> Does anyone know if the SARtek rotor can be controlled from TR? The local
> contest station is looking at this for station control and I was curious
> about controlling it. Apparently, the rotor control is actually an ISA card
> but only gets power from the PC. The control commands must be sent in via a
> serial connection between the card and a com port. I guess they have a
> command set that would have to be implemented.  Of course, some control
> would have to used to ensure the rotor was not going around like a
> turbo-prop each time a dupe check was done to different sides of the world.

I haven't heard of it, but it should be easy to add now that I implemented
my first rotor control (the Orion).

The rotor is only moved if you use the Control-P command.

> Additionally, some checking of the antenna switch would help to ensure that
> if an antena deemed as non-rotatable (or 90 degrees out of phase like a
> rotatable dipole) was accomodated.

Hmmm - tricky...

> If this is redundant, I'm sorry, I apologize, and I regret it.

Please - no regrets for asking questions!!

Can you provide me with the details on the commands and baud rates and
such things?

Tree

Any or all ideas expressed on this reflector become the property
of TR Log.