[TRLog] TRLog Suggestions

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:13:17 -0800 (PST)

> You're right. I tried it as I wrote the suggestion, to be sure it did work,
> but as I play with it again, I see it depends on whether or not you've hit
> return with the call there. Once you've started sending the callsign and
> exchange,
> even if you stop it by hitting escape, it's too late to go back with the
> double-tab. It
> only works and saves the callsign in the window, if you realize you want to
> switch to S&P mode before you've hit return.

If you want to be in S&P mode to finsish a QSO that you started by
pressing the RETURN key in CQ mode by accident, it seems the only
difference between actually being in the CQ mode and not is the
sending of the QSL message (and maybe the S&P exchange).

I would press ESCAPE to stop the CW.  Press F1 to send my call.  Enter
the exchange, press F2 to send my exchange, then use Control-Enter to
log the QSO without sending any more CW.

> Out of consistancy and to save having to learn and remember another
> keystroke combination, it would be nice if Shift-Tab also changed from CQ
> mode to S&P mode, with call window contents left intact. That would make
> Shift-Tab a mode toggle, rather than a one-way thing. Tab and Esc could be
> left as-is.
>
> Does this sound like one for the wish-list?

Sure.

Tree