[TRLog] Attention TS-870S owners

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:43:19 -0800 (PST)

I might be close to figuring out W0MN's problem with his TS-870S,
but need a little help from some one else with an 870 that seems
to have it working.

There is a simple test to run:

1. Set up your packet port to talk to the serial port your radio is
interfaced to.  Eliminate the other reference to the serial port
(for the radio control).  Set PACKET BAUD RATE = 4800 and
EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE.

2. Start up TR and turn on the radio.  Use the control-B command
to open the packet window, you are now talking to and viewing data
from the radio (like a dumb terminal).

3. Ask the 870 for its frequency by QUICKLY typing IF; (I and F and semicolon).
The radio should display a bunch of numbers, the first group of which is
the frequency.

4. Now, move the VFO 10 kHz or so, and issue another IF; command.  Does
the new frequency show up?  or maybe the old one?  Does the radio
respond with the data just after you press the semi-colon, or do you
have to start entering the next I to make it respond?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com