[TRLog] LPT ports...

Ronald D Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 12:10:27 -0500

With all this talk of printer port connections, this (re)post could be of use.
I forget where this came from, someone somewhere posted the idea of hiding all
these resistors and transistors inside of one of those relatively cheap ($5 at
swap meet) printer switch boxes. This has the benefit of allowing you to keep
your printer connected to the port too. The computer goes to the common, the
rig to one, the printer to the other. Put the components and what-not on the
connector that goes to the rig (obviously).

One of those ideas that got me to think "Duh, why didn't I tink of that" and
bears repeating.

--
73 de KK1L ex N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics