[TRLog] So Mrs. Lincoln - how did you enjoy the show?

Lee Hiers, AA4GA aa4ga@contesting.com
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:34:57 +0000

On 27 Oct 97, Wink wrote:

> > Did anyone have any luck with the packet QSX feature?  I didn't get
> > a lot of time to play with it during the contest, but I did spend
> > a little time with it on 40 meters and it seemed to be working as
> > intended.
> >
> > Tree N6TR
> > tree@contesting.com
> >
> YES!!!  It was neat! Being a S&P operator I found the QSX feature very
> useful.

Ditto!  That's why I changed to 6.13 in the middle of the contest (I
was operating 40m single band...what a glutton for punishment!).  I
was in Dallas for two weeks before the contest and didn't get home
until about 2 hours before the contest started...I just didn't have
time to upgrade 'til Saturday morning.

No problems with picking up the splits except for the pinheads who
spotted people like this:

DX1DX  7050.0   list 7123

I noted one guy who did that (or similar) several times...I was about
to say something, when I discovered he was also copying calls wrong,
so I figured it was hopeless....

Another packet question...is there some way to display the packet
window (CTRL-B), but have the cursor down in the logging area - so
you can work people, but continue to watch everything coming over the
packet.

Again, just curious...

--
Lee Hiers - AA4GA