[TRLog] sbdvp bugfix

Kevin Schmidt w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 01:48:43 GMT

Version 6.15 of TR exercised a bug in my sbdvp sound card software, at
least on my computer.  When I tried to unload sbdvp after recording a
file, my machine would hang. Interestingly, running TR 6.03, sbdvp would
unload fine. I traced this to two places where I passed the address
rather than the value of a pointer. A corrected version (0.9.6) is in
ftp://fermi.la.asu.edu/pub/sbdvp096.zip
When I stop finding bugs like this, I may actually move the release
number up to 1.0. If in the past you were able to record audio, but
were unable to save it to disk, this bug may have been the problem.

73 Kevin w9cf
Kevin Schmidt w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-1504
(602) 965-8240
(602) 965-7954 (FAX)