[TRLog] Colour indications

D. R. Evans N7DR@sff.net
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:25:25 -0600

This last weekend was the first time I've really messed with 2 rigs. Most
of the time it was fun, but I did find one ergonomic lack. When any amount
of sleep deprivation has set in, it's too easy to wind up on the wrong
radio after hitting a few escapes or whatever -- the problem is that
there's no OBVIOUS way to tell at a glance which rig is active.

Yes, I know that it says right there on the screen in microscopic letters
which is the active rig. And of course the band map is different for the
two rigs. But that's no help when I'm falling asleep.

My suggestion is that you allow the changing of window colour based on the
currently active rig. That way I could have something (the band map maybe?)
switch colours in such a way that even I could tell what rig is going to
transmit when I hit something.

And a perennial request, turned down for the last several years:

PLEASE allow me to set the rate at which the calls on the band maps change
colour and age off the screen. Whatever it's set to now is too short. Every
year I get frustrated by this because I go S&Ping and half the stations
have aged off the map even though they're still on the same frequency as on
my prior pass. It seems like this ought to be a relatively easy thing to
add. I am really the only one who finds this annoying???

  73 -- Doc  N7DR

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                       N7DR@sff.net
Member, 1998 Nebula Novel Jury
  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/nebula98.html

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp