[TRLog] Summary sheet problem

Clive Whelan Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 08:02:17 -0500

Hi list

Altho' I am a newbie to TR I have successfully negotiated the POST procedures for both the SSB and CW CQ shindigs recently.

In order to get a little more experience I decided to have a run in the TOPS activity contest(CW) on 80m this w/e.  This entailed setting up for a generic 2 point
s per QSO, RST/serial exchange with WPX multipliers ( I should add that it was necessary to edit some QSO points on the fly during the contest, as it is not as st
raightforward as plain 2 pts per Q).

All went OK in the contest and in POST, until I tried to generate a summary sheet. Nothing happened and I was simply thrown back into the report menu once again,
but without a specific error message. To check that I wasn't missing something really stupid, I went back to my CQ logs, deleted the SUMMARY.DAT file and regenera
ted it. This worked FB. There is clearly something about the LOG.DAT file for this contest which POST does not like, but I cannot think what this might be.

Incidentally I note reference in the POST procedures to a \log\name\address.txt file generated by POST, but I certainly don't have this file even after successful
ly running POST.

What am I missing

tia

73